After latest changes on Parent for making parent child realtion, the csv importer not updating parent on existing issues and making changes incorrectly.
Pls suggest and share sample csv with mapping.
Thanks.
Hi Rishi,
What type of project are you importing into? Team-managed? Company-managed?
Are you creating the parent at the same time you are importing the children? Or just creating children and attaching to an existing parent?
Hi John,
Project is Company Managed and Parents (epic) and orphan child (story) are existing. Through CSV I'm making Parent- Child relationship.
Thanks for that. Then in your spreadsheet, put a column called Parent and put the key of the Epic for that story (e.g. ABC-123). Then also make sure you have a column for the issue key of the Story (ABC-678).
Finally, you will have to do the import through the System Settings path: Settings > System > External system import
Thanks, John. I did exactly same and it won't work.
Similar problem here, I import stories and put the parent key in my csv but it won't retrieve it...
Plus, how am I supposed to give an issue key for my stories if they are not imported yet in Jira? I do not get this part.
I had the same problem so I tried mapping my CSV parent field to "Epic Link" instead and this worked. Hope it helps
It worked for me too!
See my answer above detailing how I resolved this
Epic Link field has been deprecated and should not be relied on moving forward. You need to use the Parent field.
Agreed but if the Parent field isn't working....
Following up here that Parent does not work and Epic Link still is the workaround ~1 year later.Parent provides errors saying the URL is incorrect (they're not).
EpicLink using the same URL works correctly (despite deprecation).
Thanks all, the issue is resolved. Sorry for the late respone. I lost the thread
I had the same problem, but found mapping to "Parent Link" instead of parent was what I needed to do
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.