Hi
I want to restrict certain people from marking items as "Done" in Jira Cloud. Is this possible? We have over 100 users who can perform this action, but I need to limit it for a few. How can I do this?
My Workflow :
Hello, is it possible to add a property in the flow
Follow this documentation, please: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/
Hi @kalaimani
It is possible, but there are couple of options; do you want to restrict it based on project roles, groups or selected users?
@kalaimani
We also have another option:
1- Create a group for users who cannot have this permission to move2- add a condition validator to the flow
Based on the Groups
I tried this method ,I create a group and use property keyjira.permission.transition.denied" and enter group value but its allows to move transition
I think it should be jira.permission.transition.group, but I didn't try it. I am more familiar with jira expression based solution, but that would require an app. Maybe others will help
Thank you @Maciej Dudziak _Forgappify_
If your project is a company-managed project and you prefer using workflow conditions (which will hide the status from users), there is the 'User Is In Group' condition available out-of-the-box in Jira.
If you have more complex logic or would like to use a Validator (to show a custom message to users trying to execute the transition), you could try Jira expression-based validators. There are several options available on the Atlassian marketplace
I am from Forgappify, and we developed Jira Expression Validator, which is part of the Workflow Building Blocks for Jira app.
I am leaving a link to the app's documentation in case you are interested.
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.