Hello Atlassian Community!
Jira Cloud administrator here. I have a complex request from an end user to implement a new automation:
The automation needs to create a new Epic, as well as 10 Stories
Those Stories need to be child issues of that Epic
Some of the Stories need to have issue links with each other, i.e. Story #2 needs a 'depends on' issue link with Story #10
I'll building this using default Jira Global Automations.
The Branch Rule/Related Issues function does allow for issue linking between the trigger issue and the most recently created issue, and you can set the Parent to be the current issue or the trigger issue. So none of those options give me what I need.
So my dilemma is whether or not I can create an issue link/parent relationships between the child Story and the Epic within the same automation rule, and if I can create issue links between brand new issues created in the same automation rule, too. I can create the issue in separate automation rules, but then I don't have a good way to reference back to the issues.
Anyone built anything similar to this? Do I need to use a third-party app? Am I attempting to build something that's impossible to implement?
Thanks in advance!