I have used the linked resource to set up my automation
Extract Content out of Description and Summary with Regex and Automation | Jira | Atlassian Documentation
My automation works well until it gets to reading the description and adding the necessary comment. I have 3 fields I would like to do this with, each its separate comment. Using the resource above I have extracted the item "ID" but I am struggling to get anything extracted of the "Date" and I only get 1 out of the 2 or in some cases more "Owner" names. I have also used regex101 to verify my expressions within the smart value string and there the results shown seem correct. Will appreciate any support, I am also able to change the sample email sent to make it easier, this will always be sent as an automated email as well, so their shouldn't be variations except in the actual values.
The smart value and regex expressions I have tried using:
{{issue.description.match(".*ID: (\S+).*")}}
{{issue.description.match(".*Owner: (\S+).* (\S+).*")}}
{{issue.description.match(".*Date: (\S+).*")}}
A sample of the email sent:
ID: 1
Owner: TEST Name
Date: 23/07/2024
The return comments I get
"1005"
"TEST"
-