Background,
I have a Gmail account user that has alias set up so that I can have a different support address per customer. for example cust1.support@address.com and cust2.support@address.com with the main account being support@address.com
I have just started to implement the Atlassian service desk. I have it set up so that when an email is received a request is set up and the customer is automatically emailed with a response and the the request number.
If I manually add Request participants then they receive a notification that they have been added and will receive updates added to the tickets, this was done by adding a notification. I also have one set up on request creation so that they should get an email when a ticket is created.
I now need to set the system up so that if the email request comes in it will automatically populate the Request participants field with email addresses that have been included on either the "to" or the "cc" fields on the email so that the notification gets sent out.