Hi,
I changed the keys of my team-managed projects; I observed that the issue keys also changed.
I'm trying to create a new company-managed project with the original project key so that I can migrate the issues of the old team-managed project. However, I can not use the original project key which I need to use for consistency.
I thought maybe there are some processes running in the background after the renaming, but two days later nothing has changed. By renaming the key, I am assuming that the key should become available again which is a logical consequence.
When trying to create a new company-managed project with the original key, I'm getting the error message that a team-managed project already has the given key; however, when opening the project settings, it doesn't.
Therefore, there is a huge inconsistency between what is communicated on the UI and what happens in the background, therefore it is non-intuitive what actions I should take to achieve the outcome I want.
Any workarounds? Thanks!