unable to make a new board for an existing project. just trying to make a new board ... and the project dropdown does not show my one and only project.
https://jumpshare.com/v/YzDFzM9QmLynDzn3Gw41
this should not be this hard. very frustrated.
@William Fanning Are you sure that the user has the right permissions on involved projects ?
Nicolas
What type of project are you using? Business project or Software? You can see what type it is by going to Projects > View all projects. Boards can only include Jira software and Jira Service Management project at the moment.
@Nicolas Grossi I am the only user. I made everything and I made the account. Not sure how I would have modified that otherwise. I checked permissions and me and my dev are "administators". He has not logged in or changed anything nor does it seem possible to change our status as it is a free account. @Mikael Sandberg software project.Thank you!
@William Fanning Is the software project a team-managed one? Boards can only include company-managed projects.
To expand on team-managed projects and boards; a board can only live within a company managed project, but once you have created it you can modify the filter used by the board to include any project, including team-managed ones.
"Boards can only include company-managed projects."I thought boards were a sub entity of projects? This is so confusing. Thank you. @Mikael Sandberg
All settled friends. An answer on a different question got me sorted. 1 team managed project = 1 built in board and no more. You can turn that board from a scrum to kanban by turning on off the sprints feature in the project settings. All set Thank you!
Hi William,
See if this article helps you:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.