In the Legacy Editor, I can have a nested table like the following
In a new editor, I cannot find a way to create a nested table. The following is the table I created in new editor. I can I insert another table to a table?
@schen Welcome!, Once you have a table you might want to add more cells to it as columns or rows.
HTH
Nicolas
Hello Nicolas, thanks for your reply. I just updated my post to clarify what I'm trying to do. I need a nested table instead of adding some columns or rows.
@schen You might take a look at this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Nested-tables-in-Confluence/qaq-p/695151
@schen - you can't
Generally speaking, nesting macros and the other page furniture is something that Confluence Cloud editor shies away from.
HOWEVER
What you're looking at is a table in a table cell - achieved via putting a table into an excerpt macro on Page 1.1, then putting that excerpt into a table cell on Page 1.2
Thank you, it works like a charm
Seems like nesting tables is not possible in the new editor on Confluence pages. This is a huge step down and actually this might be a blocker in switching to the new editor.
Can you please share the the exact steps you did to achieve this nested table?
This is genius :-) Thanks for sharing this idea. I still cannot believe that they got rid of nesting functionality :-(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.