Hi Team,
Please help me on creating the JIRA tickets as and when I get outlook email. Is it through connectors or we need admin access in JIRA to do that? Please advise.
Thank you!
Hello @charitha_r
Have you reviewed this information?
Create issues and comments from email
Hello Trudy, Thank you for replying.I do not have admin access to JIRA . I dont think I can add incoming mail server. However I will try to get admin access.
But is there a way I can create tickets from outlook emails as we do in Microsoft outlook for JIRA connector by creating a workflow?
I have never used the Microsoft Outlook for Jira Connector. I'm not very familiar with its functionality.
Are you trying to automatically create issues when emails are received by a generic email address, or are you wanting to create Jira issues from emails that you are receiving personally?
Setting up a mail server and mail handler would be the solution if you want to create issues from emails received by a generic email address.
If you are looking for the latter, creating a Jira issue from an email you receive, and you require a free solution (as you mentioned in your other post), then take a look at this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Try-Jira-Cloud-for-Outlook-Organize-your-work-without-leaving/ba-p/1081661
This helped to create JIRA issues manually, Thank you so much!
However, is there a way to do this dynamically? Every time I receive email on outlook (any user sends) that should be logged as an issue on JIRA.
Please advise.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.