I have been running an automation rule for well over a year without any problems. However, I just noticed that it was silently failing around March this year.
Automation rule is set as this:How to store a CSAT comment in a text type custom field using Automationhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-store-a-csat-comment-in-a-text-type-custom-field-using-automation-1360661427.html
Below are screenshots of the automation, a log example where it indicates "success", and the issue history where it proves it wasn't successful. (I have copied the rule with a manual trigger, which I've had to use in the meantime.)
Thanks for any insight!Glen
I reached out to support and this is the solution which I have tested and validated:
[Note: My custom field name is "CSAT feedback comment"]
Automation rule:
Trigger: Scheduled > HourlyBranch: JQL >Satisfaction IS NOT EMPTY AND "CSAT feedback comment" IS EMPTY AND updated >= -2h AND updated <= -5m Action: Edit Issue > Set CSAT feedback comment to:{{issue.properties."service-request-feedback-comment".comment}}
Hi @Glen Cochrane
Welcome to our Community.
I didn't see the unexpected result from your last screenshot. You meant the automation was executed successfully, but the actual value of CSAT feedback comment field is incorrect? I saw this field's value was updated.
Hope you can clarify it so that we can analyze it further.
Thanks,
YY哥
Hi @Yong Yang ,
The last screenshot shows the CSAT feedback comment field was updated two days later but from a manual trigger as noted in the screenshot.
The issue is that the rule that is triggered from Value Changed to Satisfaction Date does not update the feedback comment as it should, and used to.
The screenshot if the rule shows this trigger.The screenshot of the log shows it thinks it was successful.The screenshot of the issue history shows it did not update CSAT comment on June 22 when the rule ran.
Thank you,Glen
I was logging a ticket for this exact same issue! Stopped working since March 2024! While this suggested self-serv solution popped up.
i used an automation to read {{issue.properties.service-request-feedback-comment.comment}} and copy the comment into a custom field.Since March 2024 it stopped working. Going back to search in the Audit Log doesnt offer me logs before April 2024. What happened?The automation doesnt show it malfunctioned but it stopped working since March 2024.
i used an automation to read {{issue.properties.service-request-feedback-comment.comment}} and copy the comment into a custom field.
Since March 2024 it stopped working. Going back to search in the Audit Log doesnt offer me logs before April 2024. What happened?
The automation doesnt show it malfunctioned but it stopped working since March 2024.
apparently i cannot go further back than 3 months in the audit log, also in other automations.
what this always like that?
anyway, the automation stopped working since March 2024. I checked CSAT comments from Feb 2024 and before, and they where pasted into the custom field automatically without any issue.
Thanks @Koen Bruggeman ,
Glad to know it isn't just me!!
Would you mind replying back with your ticket number; I would add myself as a watcher/participant to get updates.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/issue-properties-service-request-feedback-comment-comment/qaq-p/2743082?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*
hi glen, this is the reply i had:
As I checked further, this automation CSAT Comment ? should work fine, when the CSAT comment is added within 2-3 seconds after selecting the Rating. If the comment is long then it will not work.
I will explain it here,
The Moment you select the Rating , Satisfaction Date will be recorded.
This will trigger the Automation to execute and fetch the CSAT comments.
Now when the CSAT Comment is long and if user takes sometime to add and click Add a Comment , Automation will be executed which will not capture the CSAT comments.
You can test it in any ticket now also with below steps.
Click on Rating.
Add a big comment typically more than 4-5 seconds and click Add a comment.
Now in Automation audit logs , you can see the comment is empty in Log action (CSAT comment is).
This is what likely to be happened.
Hi @Koen Bruggeman ,
This is interesting but it leaves me wondering on two points (and it doesn't provide a solution).
1. If this is "likely what happened", then what changed in March/April? The rule used to work fine and I don't think users en masse started to have lag in their comment submit times.
2. The rule's trigger is/was set to "Any change to satisfaction date". I suspect an api changed and the satisfaction date (to the second) stopped updating and began only logging the initial upon star rating.
Anyway, I appreciate the update. The rule revision I made per my support ticket suggestion has worked flawlessly.
*EDIT: The revised rule did have some errors related to invalid issue types in the JQL. I amended the JQL to
type not in (Task, Sub-task) and Satisfaction IS NOT EMPTY AND "CSAT feedback comment" IS EMPTY AND updated >= -2h AND updated <= -5m
Cheers,Glen
i followed my support ticket as well.
1. create webhook
2. automation which is triggered by the webhook
3. read webhook
4. filter CSAT comment from webhook
5. add CSAT comment from webhook to customfield
let me know if you're interested in this solution as well. its a bit of a hassle tho :-) it was for me at least.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.