Hello!
I'm looking to set up an automation between a Jira Service Management (JSM) project, and a Jira project (JP).
JSM - when a request is submitted, I would like to triage the request for completeness. When the request is ready for work, I have an automation created to send it to our JP board.
I also have an automation created, so that when the automation runs to the JP board, it also creates a linked issue (relates to) which is the JSM issue.
Both issue types are "tasks" and both "tasks" use the same workflow.
JP - when the request is being worked on in the JP (its a kanban card), I want the linked issue from JSM to also be updated when the kanban card is updated. i.e., when the JP issue transitions to "Assigned" I want the JSM request to also transition to "assigned"
How do I do this?
I've tried Look up tables, linked issue types, issue type = "task", etc.
I thought I read somewhere on the Atlassian community that they may need to be different issue types, but my Atlassian PO said that was not true, so now I'm stuck.
TYIA!