Hi All,
I need some help on completing my workflow for Jira please. I am on a team managed project and currently have the below worklfow.
1. Ideas are added in Jira Product Discovery (JPD) and prioritized accordingly until eventually being assed a status of 'Building'
2. At that point I run an automation to create either a story or an epic in Jira
3. In Jira we plan the sprint and start it - currently with the simple To Do, In Progress and Dev Complete
4. At the sprint review, I want to then be able to reject or accept an issue that is 'Dev Complete'
Reject -> Currently I move it back to 'To Do' and move it to the next sprint
Accept -> This is where I need help please.
Ideally what I would like to have is a few more statuses such as 'Awaiting Release', 'Released to STG', 'Released to PROD' and 'Verified in PROD'.
Questions:
1. What happens if I have the above 4 statuses created and labeled as 'DONE' type - When I have issues in these and complete the sprint, what happens to them?
As these are statues that go beyond the sprint I would like to keep tracking them till 'Verified in prod'
How best to do that please or any other advice?
2. When it does move to 'Verified in prod' is there any archive etc? Where do the issues eventually go?
3. Am I able to triger a reverse automation to JPD that when something is in each of the 4 statuses it moves the JPD issue into the correct status also?
ie. moving issue to 'Released to PROD' moves the JPD issue to 'Released and complete' status.
Open to any other worflows that would be better.
Thank you!