Here's my environment:
- Production:
- Sandbox:
- Synced previously
- 2 Software projects
- 1 New Service Management Project
- Many changes to request types, issue types, workflows, etc
We are in the process of creating a new service management project and testing changes before lifting it up to production. If we sync production to sandbox, will it overwrite the changes that we've made to the service management project?
I want to be able to test things like moving tickets from one project to another, but we want to be able to refresh the data from the production projects so that we can test different scenarios.
In the documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/copy-production-data-to-sandbox/
I'm concerned about this statement:
When you copy data from your production environment to its sandbox, we’ll replace the existing data in your sandbox with the newly copied data. Every new data copy will overwrite any existing data in your sandbox.
The way that I interpret this is that if an issue exists in both environments, syncing will overwrite any changes to the that, but it won't overwrite any data that isn't in production. I'm just worried that all the work we've put into configuring the sandbox will get erased and want to double and triple check that that won't happen.