why i am getting this this error that user doesn't have set security permission in jira software
Hi @Ayush Pathak
could you provide a screenshot from the message? At what point does it pop up?
How does the Screen and Field Config look like for that project? Could it be that Issue level Security is set as required but not visible on the Screen?
If it pops up after creation the default Issue Security Level might be set in the background and the Creator isn't part of that level?
Hi @Ayush Pathak , based on the info provided I would say that the user does not have set issue security permissions. Can you check under project settings > permissions - set issue security? Also, based on the title of the post it may suggest that someone made the issue security required on create.
how to remove that required.
@Jack Brickey hey please let me know how to make that optional on create. I need to resolve this ASAP.
Well here is the thing, generally when you set up an Issue Security scheme for a specific issue type you are doing so to restrict users from viewing issues. So I would ask if issue security is required for the issue type and if not then remove. If it is required then the users that should not have access to the issue type should be using different issue types.
I am surprised that issue security is configured for Bug Issuetype. I would speak with all admins as to why this has been done.
@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.