I'm putting some final touches on an automation and it's running successfully, and now one of the last things I'd love to be able to do is edit the newly cloned issue summary with the name of the active sprint it's being placed into.
If not, the dev manager will have to go through a few dozen issues and replace the word "HIKE" with the active sprint name (Ex. Stack Rock). Not a huge task, but would love to automate it for him.
My guess is this will require some REST API, which is totally over my head and I probably won't do.
Here's my global automation which covers 40 projects
- Version created (Ex. Test Release 1)
- Clone template issue (Ex. TAP-58) from backlo

g- Edit issue (Ex. TAP-62) - add to next unreleased version
- Edit issue (Ex. TAP-62) - add to active sprint on Core Master board (other project)
- And now i want to...lookup cloned issue (Ex. TAP-62) and edit the summary to add the active sprint name
The challenge is finding the active sprint. So I thought if I did a lookup of the new issue that was cloned (Ex. TAP-62) I could just update the summary with the active sprint. But what happened is that the summary of my template issue (TAP-58) was updated, although not with the active sprint. It just removed the word HIKE.
Thoughts that don't involve the REST API?