Hi Atlassian Community,
I am an administrator of Jira Work and I am facing an issue with an automation rule I created. My goal is to automatically sum the Story Points from all Sub-tasks and update the parent Story with the total.
Here is the rule setup:
Trigger: When an item is updated
Condition: Issue type equals Sub-task
Action: Lookup issues with JQL:
parent = {{issue.parent.key}} AND issuetype = Sub-tarefa
Action: Create a variable with smart value:
{{lookupIssues.Story Points.sum}}
Action: Edit the parent Story’s Story Points field with the created variable:
{{totalPontosDeHistoria}}
Despite setting up the rule as described and shown in the attached screenshots, it’s not working. The expected outcome is that the total Story Points from all Sub-tasks should be summed and reflected in the parent Story’s Story Points field, but this isn’t happening.
I have tried multiple adjustments to the rule, but it still doesn't function as intended.
Any insights or suggestions on what might be going wrong or how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!





