I have just started with a start up in the finance/tech industry.
Previously, I used to manage projects on an excel spreadsheet, where I could easily:
- add, allocate and update tasks, showing:
- which project stream they related to,
- where documents could be found on the shared drive,
- words to describe the status of the item and
- a coloured RAG rating.
- Being in a spreadsheet, I could see everything in tabular format easily and quickly re-organise in one click using filters so Red items went to the top, or organise by staff member or due date or stream etc etc (it was a small team so I didn't need to send tasks - we could all access the spreadsheet)
- create a gantt chart on a separate worksheet in the same spreadsheet
I'm now using Confluence for note taking and info sharing. Does it have the capability of doing the task/gantt functionality above or do I need to also use Jira?