I've created a 'select from list' field that's associated to all issue types, and populated that field for epics.
I'd like to automate the inheritance of that value to all child issue types (both where the relationship already exists, and also when new 'child' links are created in the future).
I only wish for this info at levels '1' & '0' (Epic and 'story/task/bug').
(I did try searching for similar questions in this community, but was surprised to come up empty... really appreciate any help offered)
Presumably I'll need 2 rules -> one disposable one to treat the existing work items (manually triggered?), and another triggered whenever the link is made to an epic?
----
For extra context, this field is to specify what client the change relates to, and there are 10-15 options.
I was able to work out how to update children to a specific client when the parent 'client' field is updated, but the action I want is to inherit whatever value is entered for the parent (rather than assume that any update means the child should be marked as 'client x')