I'm building out an automation that creates a number of subtasks when a specific issue type is used. I want to use the clone function to ensure that all data is transferred from the parent issue to the new children. For all of the standard fields, this works as intended.
However, I am using some Assets objects custom fields and these seem to be ignored by the clone function. I have thus tried to alter the automation rule to specifically update these fields with the value of the same field in the triggerIssue but am not finding success.
Does anyone have any insight into this?
Example: Custom field 10766 is named "User Loadout"
I have tried using smart values such as {{triggerIssue.customfield_10766}} and {{triggerIssue.User Loadout}} as the input on the clone issue action, but it seems these custom fields want AQL. So instead, I tried
objectId = {{triggerIssue.customfield_10766.id}}But that doesn't work either.
The clone is happening, but these fields are empty in the resulting issue. The audit log is displaying this error:
Clone issue
An error occurred while requesting remote information
Bad Request
Issues cloned successfully
Issue Key