For JSM portals that are multilingual, what are the best options to provide multi language custom field values?
I can't create multilingual forms (vote for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11018)
I can't translate custom field values, I can only translate the name of the field (vote for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-40049)
Do you create custom fields with values that are in dual language and add them in brackets or divide them with pipes? Or use some other option?
"Value L1 | Value L2"
"Value L1 (Value L2)"
Any other ideas?
Hi Kerli,
Multi language forms are now available 🎉
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/New-Multilingual-support-for-Forms-in-Jira-Service-Management/ba-p/2751427
Custom field values though seems to be still not available.
There are apps for example, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1234677/translated-fields-for-jira-jsm?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Or perhaps if you have Scriptrunner you can pull the users local language and use an assets field to return the correct language?
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/config/LocaleManager.html
-Ciara
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.