Our Org-admins need to take backups of Confluence and Jira databases on a regular basis. We are talking cloud here. They do not need (and should not have) access to project data nor content in spaces for security and sensitivity reasons.
The only way I can give these persons access to the global backup on both products, is to add the users to jira-admins-<<site>> and confluence-admins-<<site>> groups. This leads to them getting the global administer-<<product>> permission, which of course cannot be overrided at project level.
So is there way to configure cloud apps to accomplish this? Ideally, Org-admins should be able to perfom these actions (and more) from admin.atlassian.com, rather than the individual project sites.
I understand this might possible i EAP program, which we are not part of and are reluctant to enter into (not sure I it's at all possible on a standard license?)
I know that org-admins can always bump up their own permissions to get this access anyway, but that is beside the point.