Hello,
I would like to create an automation rule that takes the first line of a multiline text field (description) and adds the content to a single-line text custom field.
How could I do this?
Thanks in advance.
Hi @Iana
You may split the description into a list using the newline character, and then use the get() function to access the values. The first item in the list has an index of 0, and so this would work:
{{issue.description.split("\n").get(0)}}
To learn more about these functions, please look here:
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Iana Here's a basic example of how you might set up the action:
Hi @Manoj Kumar Gangwar
That is not the correct syntax for accessing a list of values with smart values in Atlassian automation rules. Please look here to learn more in the automation documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-lists/#list.get-index-
Just what I was looking for. Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.