We use Jira as an IT tool, so only our IT team has licenses to Jira, as 99% of what is done there would never involve the business. That said, I want to find a way to track our stakeholders and send email notifications based on what is relevant to them.
Is there a way to have non-licensed users referenced as 'lookups' in Jira to access more information on them and leverage the tool better to communicate the status of their requests back to them?
It would be amazing to have a 'ghost' user profile that (for all I care) wouldn't allow access to see anything but would allow us to reference the user for reporting, automation, etc.
Thoughts? Help?
(Previously, I was working on doing a lookup to Microsoft to grab user details and emails, but that is way less than ideal and had to be done with a text field, which, as you can imagine, caused a lot of problems.)