I have quite a complex workflow (don't ask!) that includes an "Impediment" status with "all" statuses able to be moved to it.
All other statuses have to follow a single transition, e.g. ready for dev -> in dev -> code review - ready for QA, etc.
However, I would like for the items in the impediment status to be able to be moved back to their original status, thus overriding the workflow transitions.
The only way I can do this currently is to create transitions from impediment to each status, or (the obvious way) make all statuses able to be transitioned to all other statuses.
I've used https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-transition-to-the-previous-status-of-an-issue-using-automation-rules-in-jira-1236599919.html to capture the previous status - a very useful link!!
But, my question is, how to use this to allow the assignee to move the item out of the Impediment status and back to it's last status, when the workflow transitions are so strict.
I've created an example workflow to show how this is currently set up - used a simple workflow so as not to confuse the issue.
And thanks in advance everyone!
