Hello,
I am using the automation module to change the Rank of some type of issues:
Looks like I need to use the "Send web request"
Can you help me plz,
Thanks,
Abir
Hi @Abir Brahem
What problem are you trying to solve by doing this? That is, why do this? Knowing that may help the community suggest additional ideas.
Until we know that...
It is possible to call a REST API function to set the rank of one (or more) issues relative to another issue. And so the rule would need the key for the issue above / below which to re-rank the target issue.
This how-to article describes how to call a REST API function from a rule using the Send Web Request action: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828
I recommend contacting your Jira Site Admin before writing this rule as they may provide some additional support.
Kind regards,Bill
Hello Bill,
Thank you for the link, now I am able to request the JIRA Cloud API.
I would like to change the rank of some type issues to the top.
I found this end point in the documentation:
The Jira Software Cloud REST API (atlassian.com)
I tested with PostMan and I it is possible to change the rank:
rest/agile/1.0/issue/rank
request body:
Have you discussed this scenario with your Jira admin yet? I recommend doing that before you proceed further, as you have not explained the problem you are trying to solve and the conversation with your admin may help.
For example, you do not describe why or when this change of rank is needed, and those impact the rule trigger and issue context for making changes.
Regarding the rule specifics, as you have already successfully called the REST API function with PostMan and you have the how-to article for calling the function from a rule, you can use that request body as a template in your Send Web Request action.
I am a JIRA admin, unfortunately there no expert more then me in the company.
The trigger is when issue created and if issueType is Bug (I can't add screenshot, I don't now why..)
I can't use the send Web Request because I need the highest issue key as I descibe in my last message.
Is that clear?
Do I must have a header for this request? How do I get the key to validate the webhook configuration to use smart values substitution?
Hi @Jose Ortega Sorto -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Please see the how-to article posted earlier in this question on how to call the REST API endpoints from a rule using the Send Web Request action.
So I finally got this working after forever. Steps to complete:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.