Is there a way using Jira Automation to check if a field was previously empty? For example we have a date field and we'd like to run an automation only when the date field was empty and is now having a value added.
I tried using the Field value changed trigger but it counts "value added" as any time the field is edited, even if a value was present before. I only want the rule to run if the field was previously empty. Is there not a way to determine this via automation?
I know I could create a complex setup with a label or something and then reference the label, but that seems like a lame workaround. I was hoping the trigger itself should be able to check if the field was previously null?
The rule: if Deployed to QA date field is not empty, and a value has been added, then transition the issue. If the field already has a value, do nothing.