I have an automation rule in place that when a ticket in our JSM transitions to "Transferred for Development" it clones that issue into a JSW project.
We ran in to some problems in which the system couldn't clone a specific bug type and was throwing the "Bad Request 400 error" we determined this was because a required field existed in the Software project that wasn't set in the JSM project...BUT
One thing I am wondering in troubleshooting, Automation has both "Clone Issue" and "Create new issue" -- when troubleshooting, before catching the required field (Security Level) on the screen of the SW project, I'd switched the component in Automation from Clone to Create and it was successful in creating a new issue (even though the system required field was on the Create Screen.
Does anyone know if there are nuances between cloning an issue and creating an issue in Jira that appears to bypass required fields?