I am currently facing an issue related to a custom user picker field in our Jira Service Management instance. Here are the details:
Project Details:
Project Name: "Test_Project"
Custom Field: User Picker (single user)
Objective:
I want to use the custom field to select users (e.g., Johan, Mike, Peter, and Miles) without granting them direct access to the project.
Challenge:
When I type "Mike" in the custom field, it displays the message "No Options."
Mike is part of a group that I've added to the field's filtering criteria.
However, I do not want to give Mike access to the project.
Permissions: Mike does not have direct access to the project.
Desired Outcome:
I need to be able to select Mike in the custom field without granting project access.
Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Any guidance or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.
I would also appreciate any alternatives. We use Assets, so maybe that can be a solution as well.