Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User picker field not working in portal view for a restricted project

Jeanne Schock May 30, 2023

We have 3 JSM projects with the same user picker field. 

• 2 IT Projects work fine:
    • All staff have site access and use the portal
    • User picker field does work from portal - all users are searchable 
  • Restricted Project is problematic:
    • Portal access is restricted for 7 people who are also JSM agents (Service Desk Team Members)
    • User picker field does work from within the project - all users are searchable
    • User picker field does not work from the portal - only the team members are searchable
  • All permissions settings are the same
  • The only difference is Customer Permissions > Service project access
    • 2 IT Projects:
      • Anyone allowed on the customer access setting
    • Restricted Project: 
      • Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins
  • If on the Restricted Project I allow portal access to all staff (change the Service project access to match the 2 IT projects), then the user picker field works

Can anyone shed light on why project team members wouldn't be able to use the user picker field in the portal? Where else I should look at permissions?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2023

I have the exact same issue, sad that no one had an answer :(

I have two portals that should only be visible for a certain set of employees (Managers and System Owners respectively) but they need to be able to use User Picker to select other employees that do not have access to the portals. 

This seems incredibly backwards thinking and I'm unable to understand the reason why User Picker would be locked down in this way :/

Gustavo Diaz February 22, 2024

Did you ever get a workaround for this? I am facing the same issue.

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

No, I gave up on it temporarily, but I still need to solve it :(

Kelley R April 4, 2024

I am also looking into this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events