Hi all,
Our team has been using Jira x Slack automation such that Jira tickets meeting certain conditions within release epics are gathered and their information is posted as Slack threads in corresponding Slack channels. While this is working fine, we have a big maintenance issue because we have to manually update each Jira automation's JQL for Lookup Issue action to refer to a correct parent epic.
For example, let's say parent epics for our next imminent releases are DEV-1111 and DEV-2222. The JQL for the corresponding Lookup Issue action for the Jira automation may be:
project = XXX AND issuetype = "Issue Report" AND "Parent" in (DEV-1111, DEV-2222)
Once either or both releases are rolled out, the JQL above is no longer valid and we would have to find the next releases to be monitored (e.g. DEV-3333 and DEV-4444). Then we end up manually finding the corresponding epic links (DEV-3333 and DEV-4444) and putting them in the JQL.
So I thought of adjusting the automation in a way that it does not look at a specific epic link. Instead, it would consider status of an epic link:
project = XXX AND issuetype = "Issue Report" AND find_parent_epic_status = in_progress
However, it seems like the italicized / underlined JQL condition written in a pseudo way just does not exist.
How can I implement a Jira automation using Lookup Issue action w. JQL in a way that I do not have to manually update epic links? I feel like there may be a default Jira feature that can fulfil the needs, but I'm looking past it perhaps.
Thank you in advance