Good afternoon! I hope you're all having a great weekend!! I have an automation working to create two tasks for a single issue when a sprint is started. It's set to link each task to the trigger issue, which works fine.
I need help figuring out how to link the created tasks to each other. It's not a deal breaker for what I'm trying to achieve, as the user can click on the story and then click on the other task if there are any details on it they may need, but in my head, with the power of automation, it should be possible!
Ultimately, I'm attempting to add an issue for both backend and frontend developers and have them all linked to each other as 'relates to'.
I guess it would go...
- Story 1 creates Task/Subtask 1 & 2 (Late last night, I wondered if it's better to use subtasks rather than tasks since they get pulled into the sprint and tasks end up in the backlog).
- Story 1 relates to created 1 & 2
- Created task/subtask 1 relates to story 1, and created task/subtask 2
- Created task/subtask 2 relates to story 1 and created task/subtask 1
As I understand it, I should only need to link one of the created tasks/subtasks to the other as it will display the link on both.
Below is what I have set up at the moment. I've read and tried a few different articles, but I have not managed to get it working yet. Any help is appreciated!!

