I have a list of tasks inside an epic. I want to order them by Priority. How do I do this?
Mike
Hello @Mike Lucas
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
If you are referring to the Child Issues section that is displayed within the Epic when you view the details of a single Epic, then you can click on the "Order by" option that appears above the list of child issues and select Priority from there.
If that is not the view to which you are referring, please provide more information or a screen image of the view you are using.
I would like to sort and have these issue appear in Prioity Order (from Highest to Low)
I do not see an "Ordered By" menu item....
@Trudy P Claspill , hello, looks like Mike has a not Cloud version of Jira.
It works just for Cloud by default..
@Mike Lucas , If JQL works for you, you can see tasks in this epic ordered by priority by using this query:
"Epic Link" = VSRE-4163 ORDER BY priority
Hi @Mike Lucas,
as already suggested, this isn't currently possible, however if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you should get pretty close; see e.g. this thread for possible directions forward.
Best, Hannes
Hi @Mike Lucas
If you would be interested in a mktplace app, do take a look at an add-on we have developed for the same use case.
Issue Hierarchy
You can view/create your complete hierarchy in a tree view. With Roll up for Time estimates and Story Points and custom number fields ate each parent level.
The app also allows to filter for your child issues with custom jql option.
Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app
Only for Cloud, though, right? If Cloud supports some Priority hierarchy functionality built in, it sure would be helpful to see this supported in Data Center, which has no such option.
Hi @Katherine Brooks
Thanks for your reply.
We have another app for data center, which has this same functionality and few more project management reports for tracking issues.
Agile Tools
Do try it out !!
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.