We have a ticket that is linked to another project. One ticket has a custom field. We want the information in the custom field (of project 1) to be automatically copied into the linked ticket (in project 2) and that information to go in the reply to customer comment.
can that be done?
Hi Deb,
You can create an automation rule based on a Field Value Changed trigger for the custom field.
Add any Conditions if you need to.
Then add a Branch for Linked Issues - identify the issue link type if you need to.
Then under the Branch add an action for Edit Issue - choose the custom field.
Then click the 3 dots to the right of the box of the custom field and choose Copy
Then Click on Copy Current text and in the pop up, select Trigger issue instead of Current issue.
Then add an action for Comment Issue. Populate as desired.
Save and update!
How do I make sure that the data in the custom field I am copying from project 1- gets copied into the reply to customer section on project 2 and is not copied into the add internal note section on project 2?
I believe the default for the Comment action will put it in the Customer section. But give it a try to see.
The comment defaults to "add Internal note" section and not "reply to customer" section. How do I get the comment to go to the "reply to customer" section?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.