We have the desire to move all the data in Field A (custom field) to Field B (system field). It looks to be in excess of 50,000 issues using data in Field A.
One plan I had considered was writing one base Automation Rule, and then splitting it up into pieces to run in [~15] minute intervals, each with their own JQL to limit the number of issues closer to 2,000 issues.
There are other configurations (Screens, Boards, Dashboards, Automations) that I need to make as part of this switchover.
My thought is making 50,000 edits is the biggest challenge of the project, and if I could get those to fire overnight when our users are not working and outside the bounds of other Automations, it allows me to do the hardest part in the middle of the night (without actually being awake), and I can make my two sets of configuration changes the night before and first thing in the morning.
Thoughts? Has anyone done this? My backup is creating a number of import files but that makes me nervous and I'd likely have to sit at my computer fiddling my thumbs for large periods of time watching each import.