Hi,
I have a list of 200 tickets and every month I want 10 of these tickets to be cloned at random.
I was looking at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Can-Jira-select-a-random-sample-of-issues-for-QA/qaq-p/1419911 but it's not working on my side.
It only generates 120/125 random numbers when I need 200, right?
This is my automation:
Can you help us?
Thank you.
Correct, automation is limited in the number of random numbers and it will only get the first 100 issues in a query. So you would not be able to do this within an automation unless you can find a way of dividing your list of issues up in at least two queries.
I created a randomizer using tray.io that gets a number of requests for each of our agents that have been resolved in the past two weeks, and this is used for peer reviews.
Hi @João Cunha
You can do this natively, but you need to have metadata randomly added to tickets throughout the month you can then refer to in the rule.
It uses similar logic..
---
A few notes...
It's not an exact science as there's no guarantee there won't be a repeat number, but it should average out over time, as the selection size grows.
Ste
Hi @Mikael Sandberg
Thanks for your quick reply!
Your solution sounds good! I will give a try it and maybe think in one solution to divide the issues in two queries.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.