Hello @ all,
i have a question regarding automation in Jira. Following situation: I have a chain of automations running subsequently. Based on specific conditions I want to copy specific labels to a new issue from issues already created in previous automations. This requires that I fetch the labels of specific, already created issue using smart values. So what tried to do is:
- Trigger the automations using webhooks
- Providing additional data in the webhook body
- Trying to fetch the labels using those values
The payload in http request: looks like this (please don't wonder why there is everywhere "triggerIssue.key" this will change):
{
"issues": [
"{{triggerIssue.key}}"
],
"data": {
"parentIssue": "{{triggerIssue.key}}",
"predecessorIssue": "{{triggerIssue.key}}"
}
}
In the destination automation rule I then want to fetch the labels of the "parentIssue" and add them to a newly created epic. So I added to the labels field of the new epic the following smart-value: {{webhookData.parentIssue.labels}}
Howeber, this does not work. Does anyone have an advice for this issue?
Thank you in advance for your support.
Best regards
Endre