How do I remove the ability of Slack channel members to use /jira create to log a ticket to a particular board. The Jira board inquestion currently had the Slack integration enabled. Does removing the slack integration with /jira manage also remove the board from the dropdown in the /jira create form? If not how can I remove this?
Hi @Joe Musarurwa,
You don't create issues in a board, but in a project in Jira. Unless you are using a specific app, you should find a Slack connection set up in the Jira project your board is associated with. When you are on that board, navigating to Project Settings > Apps > Slack Integration should take you to that connection.
I would suspect that deleting this connection should remove the capability for your Slack users to create issues in that project.
As an alternative, from you slack channel you may want to try typing /jira manage. That should also show you a list of connected projects with an option to disconnect the one you no longer need.
Hope this helps!
Thank you for the guidance!
I connected a project in a test Slack channel, and then disconnected it. Afterwards, I am still getting the project in the top right hand corner of the form invoked by /jira create.
How do I ensure that when a user types /jira create they are no longer presented with my Project in the Which project would you like to create an issue in? drop down?
Does removing the connection in Project Settings > Apps > Slack Integration accomplish this? Or is it only for enabling/disabling Jira notifications for that Project to theSlack channel.
Your assistance is much appreciated!
I don't have an environment available to test with, but there's a ton of tips in this related thread that might help.
Hi @Walter Buggenhout
Thank you for sharing the thread. Very informative! It mentions the /jira remove and /jira leave commands. Just wanted to clarify what these do please? I cannot see these commands in the docs.
And lastly, how may I confirm what exactly I need to do to remove just my team's Project from the form invoked by /jira create if /jira remove and/or /jira leave do not do this?
Appreciate all your help. Many Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.