Hello Jira Community,
I am working on a project using Jira Service Management and I need to implement a solution to track the time it takes for an issue to transition from one status to another. My goal is to capture this duration and display it directly within the issue queue for easier monitoring and management.
To achieve this, I'm considering creating custom fields to record the timestamp when an issue enters and exits specific statuses, and then calculating the elapsed time based on these timestamps. However, I'm unsure about the best practices for setting up these custom fields, and how to configure automation rules in Jira to update these fields upon status changes.
Furthermore, I'm looking to display this time duration information in the issue queues, but I'm uncertain about how to include calculated fields (or if there's a way to dynamically calculate and display this duration within the queues without needing additional plugins).
Could anyone please provide guidance or share insights on:
- Best practices for creating and utilizing custom fields to track time between status transitions.
- Configuring automation rules to update these fields with the current timestamp when issues change statuses.
- Strategies for calculating the elapsed time based on these timestamps, especially if this can be accomplished directly within Jira or if it requires external tools/plugins.
- Displaying this calculated duration in the issue queues for easy access and monitoring.
Any advice, including references to relevant plugins or scripts that could simplify this process, would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to alternative approaches if there's a more efficient way to achieve similar outcomes.
Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!