Hi all,
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find anything relevant to what we need. I am trying to create a transition workflow automation that is dependent on the current status of a custom field. Here is what I mean to provide more information.
I have a custom field called Data Impact that is required in 5 of my projects; inside of Data Impact, there are 3 options: No Impact, Will Impact, and May Impact. When a user creates a ticket for one of these 5 projects, and select No Impact, then the ticket will be created normally with no automation. Now, if they select May or Will Impact, then it will trigger an automation that will create a ticket with a copy of the details from the original ticket into our Data Governance project so a team can review the request. That is all fine and dandy and works as intended.
The issue I have, which I have tried to figure out but keep creating duplications, is on the transition workflow/automation. So I have a similar automation as the one when a ticket is created but it is tied to when the ticket is transitioned from Open to Selected for Development, there is a validator set where it check again if Data Impact was altered from the original status (No Impact, Will/May Impact) I need to create a working automation that looks to see if that status has changed from it's original status to something else (excluding No Impact) If it has, then it should create a ticket in the data governance project. If it didn't change at all then it should do nothing. But I haven't figured out how to do it correctly without creating duplication tickets. I have used issue condition, if/else block as well but not getting right, so any help will be for sure appreciated.

