I'm trying to figure out a way to update details for our service management customers and organizations on a schedule via Automation or API calls.
Today we are using third-party Active Directory tools to store basic information about our internal customers. I would like to sync this information with Jira on a schedule so our team doesn't have to open other tools to get these details.
I was able to build an Assets Object schema for users and populate it with data from a CSV; we will need to use API calls to keep the information up to date. I made a custom field called Reporter Info which displays selected details from the chosen object (user) on the ticket. This works, but before I go through the effort of connecting our AD tools to Assets via API, I thought I'd try to use the native customer details section.
I have configured Automation to automatically add reporters as customers in the correct Organization using the details in our Object schema. JSM also allows agents to manually add details to users and organizations, but I cannot find any documentation about how to target these details via Automation.

Using the native tools would be cleaner and add the benefit of the customer/organization profile view which shows existing issues and notes associated with that entity.