Howdy!
Has anyone had any luck creating an automation rule to email a user of incomplete tasks/action items in Confluence where you can include a link to the page where the incomplete action item is?
Have you tried something like this?
Put {{page.url}} in the email body for a link to the page.
Hi @Bell Lopez
You bet. The specific code I use is:
LINK URL TO THE PAGE: <a href="https://<YOUR SITE URL HERE>/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId={{task.contentId}}">View Page with Task</a>
LINK URL TO ALL THE USER'S TASKS: <a href="<YOUR SITE URL HERE>/wiki/home/tasks" >View All My Tasks</a>
I like to pretty it up using buttons for the above as well as providing some details of the task.
Here's the email I send out...
==============
I send TO the smart value {{task.assignee.emailAddress}}
With SUBJECT: You have a Task due by {{task.DueDate.toBusinessDayBackwards.longDate}} on this page [{{page.title}}]
-------------------
EMAIL BODY:
<h3>CONFLUENCE TASK NOTIFICATION</h3>Hello {{task.assignee.publicName.split(" ").first}},
<b>You have an assigned task coming due soon!</b><br /><a href="https://<YOUR SITE URL HERE>/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId={{task.contentId}}" style="background-color:#0052CC;color:#fff;padding:10px;text-decoration:none;border-radius:4px;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">View Page with Task</a> <a href="<YOUR SITE URL HERE>/wiki/home/tasks" style="background-color:#B0C4DE;color:#fff;padding:10px;text-decoration:none;border-radius:4px;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">View All My Tasks</a><br /><b>DETAILS:</b><table><tr><td style="border: 1px solid lightgrey;"><ul><li><b>Due Date:</b> {{task.DueDate.toBusinessDayBackwards.longDate}} *</li><li><b>Page:</b> <a href="<YOUR SITE URL HERE>/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId={{task.contentId}}">{{page.title}}</a></li><li><b>Task message:</b> {{task.body}}</li></ul></td></tr></table>
Have a great day!
This email was sent by Confluence automation<br /><b>*</b> This "Due Date" is displayed as the actual date unless due on a weekend -> then it displays as the first business day PRIOR to the due date.
===============
Results in this email:
I also use a GROUP to put in only the users who want to be notified in a specific space.
And I send another similar email via automation for PAST DUE tasks, too.
I hope this helped.
Mark
Just want to say this is awesome!
Hi Shawn,
True. Good point. People can replace <a href="{{page.url}}">{{page.title}}</a> for simplicity.
And, if they are sure the page will render the URL as a link and they want to display the link instead of the page title, they could just use "Page: {{page.url}}"
Thanks!
This is the best! Thank you so very much!
@Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM or @Mark B Wager
I tried to mimic this exact setup and it's working. One thing I'd like to do though is change the Page Status from Verified to Needs Reviewed once the date has passed.
But I'm having a hard time getting the page details to pass to the task branch. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?
Hi Mike
I'm not sure what you're trying to pass in the email. The details of the page are somewhat limited, but you should be able to conditionally act on and pass certain page info.
As a very simple example, you can email the page's Status.
I haven't tried this exhaustively in a "Branch", but even in a branch you should be able to access several page details using smart values.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.