Hello, I tried to set an automation on jira cloud when commit is done to edit issue field. I would like to set compass component with commit repository name.
I tried
Both did not work and gave any errors.Is it possible to do that ?
Hi @Julien Mathevet
In your rule referencing components, that is changing the issue components and not the Compass components.
According to this documentation page, Compass components are not yet supported by automation rules: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-compass-components/
However, I wonder...perhaps try using this how-to article to determine if they are supported in the REST API in a way they can be set by a rule using advanced edit with JSON. Often the challenge with newer features in Jira and automation is finding the smart values and structure in issues, and so this may help.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
Kind regards,Bill
Unfortunately the JSON is not helping here - REST API is not sharing the details about Compass components:
It appears they are not yet supported for updates using rules.
As you are the site admin for a paid Jira Cloud license, you could contact the Atlassian Support team to confirm that and learn any possible workarounds: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
When you hear back from them, please post what you learn to benefit the community. Thanks!
Solved: When will Jira automation be supported for Compass... (atlassian.com)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.