Hi,
I can't seem to find a way to disable these emails in Confluence Cloud.
Furthermore, it's sharing changes from Spaces that are off-limit and exposing sensitive information.
Please advise,
Rafi.
Hi @rafir
I think this is related to the email settings per user and not a global setting. You can only disable mail completely on global level.
You could reach Atlassian Support on the topic.
The problem is that email notifications (for watched pages) are useful but this new beta feature exposes information it shouldn't. This is something that was recently enabled and I can't ask all my users to disable it manually.
What is the beta feature you enabled?
I'm assuming it's a beta feature because I saw several people complaining about it.
I haven't enabled anything.
@Marc -Devoteam-, I believe that @rafir is referring to the Subscribe to > Recommended Updates feature mentioned in this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Turn-Off-Confluence-Recommended-Updates-beta/qaq-p/2615118#M293894
I still do not see this in my instance, so I don't know if it is still rolling out or maybe it's not available in the free plan.
I do find it disturbing that people are getting emails about changes to pages that they don't have access to.
Yes, this is what I'm suspecting that happened.
Not an answer, but I'm receiving these emails even though I have the new digest feature turned OFF in my settings. The unsubscribe link simply points me back to that same settings page, where the feature is clearly not enabled. Seems like this feature is broken in a couple of ways.
Same exact issue and complaint here. we found this..
Thank you so much. Turning this off now; it's been extremely stressful getting feedback from these emails.
HI @Barbara Szczesniak
It's not in a free plan, I don't have this in my personal free tier.
I agree on this as well.
I would say turn it off and complain to Atlassian.
Thank you Ted!! Turned it off it was driving us mad. First they had the security error where it recommended pages you didn't have access to, then it started spamming everyone with pages that were not relevant at all to the users.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.