I'm using the article
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-create-confluence-page-automatically-with-jira-issue-content-once-jira-issue-created-1189506097.html
It works nicely
How can I edit the confluence page created above automatically if I update the issue?
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated
Thanks a lot
Hi @fastcoder ,
1. You can reference the created page using the {{createdPage}} smart value
2. For editing the page in the automation itself, you can use the "Send Web Request" action with the Confluence REST API for Update Page.
Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot @Hariharan Iyer
Hi @fastcoder - we've also recently released an "Edit page" Automation action, now available in both Jira & Confluence: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Automation-articles/Automation-quot-Edit-page-quot-action-now-available-in/ba-p/3066529
Hi @fastcoder
if you want to keep the Jira content in a created Confluence really in sync I can recommend Autopage. Autopage is a third party app we developed to ease automation of documentation use cases between Jira and Confluence with the requirement of a permanent sync and avoidance of redundant work.
➡️ You can find us at the Atlassian Marketplace
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218503
🎥 Here you find a quick guide on how this works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaj9DyJ43Ho
Hey @Charlie Gavey , thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to access the page created in the same automation in the Edit Page action? Coz currently page selection is only through a drop down of the pages already created before the automation could be run. I tried adding the smart value but nothing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.