On starting the 7-day trial I created a Sample Scrum Project, with the developer I had created I was able to assign issues to the myself (logged in as the developer). After enabling the 'Service Desk' for the project and the auto-apply of permissions I wasn't able to assign tickets to the developer user. Only to the service desk agent or the admin user.
I've checked the roles and permissions of the project and the groups the developer user has. Everything should be fine, but still there is an error somewhere.
- The developer user is in the group 'jira-developers' and 'jira-users'
- The group 'jira-developers' is in the project role 'Developers'
- The group 'jira-developers' is in the project role 'Service Desk Collaborators'
- The project role 'Developers' has all permissions under 'Issue Permissions'
Also on the Scrum board the developers aren't able to do anything with the tasks. Also the admin user cannot assign the developer to a task (red error text - "User '#######' cannot be assigned issues.").