I'm trying to create an Automation rule that parses out future sprints based on a lookup. For some reason, using a For each isn't splitting the return into multiple values.
The basic idea is this:
- Lookup issues:
- For each:
- define variable: distinctSprint
- distinctSprint = {{lookupIssues.sprint.distinct}}
- If:
- {{distinctSprint.state}} = future
- Log sprint details
I expect the For each to run once for each unique sprint, but instead, it's running a single time with all of the sprints as one large payload.
I'm still able to find attributes within such as the various states of the sprints, but because they're all running at once I'm unable to affect them separately.
I added a log for ▶ {{state}} {{distinctSprint.id}} ◀ and you'll see in the audit that it's printing all of the states, then all of the IDs.

What am I missing? I have a similar rule using this method that has been working for months now and this current rule is making me think the old one is working despite a flaw in design.