Hello folks,
I have executed a DC to Cloud migration for Jira Software DC v9.10.1 using JCMA 1.9.17.
During the validation immediately after the migration, before users have accessed the system and started changing data, I have found that filters that used a criteria like
text~'two words'
...are returning different results sets in the source Jira DC instance vs. the destination Jira Cloud instance. In most cases the Jira Cloud results show fewer issues.
I have reviewed the documentation for using "text~" in Jira DC.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0910/search-syntax-for-text-fields-1282248659.html
That documentation says specifically when the multiple words are contained in quotes for searching the text master field, then the results will return issues that have both words in no particular order in the support text type fields.
And I have reviewed the documentation for using "text~" in Jira Cloud.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-issues-using-the-text-field/
I didn't see where it said anything about how multiple words are handled in the text search.
In Jira Cloud I have looked up the issues returned by the Jira DC filter. They exist and they still meet the criteria of the filter based on the assumption that he results will return issues that have both words in no particular order in the support text type fields.
I've looked for information related to this on the internet, in the community, and in Atlassian's public backlog, but haven't found anything. I've already opened a support ticket but thought I would also post a question here.
I'll respond with what I learn from Atlassian support.