I've looked through all the other questions related to this challenge I am having but I haven't found one that matches what I am trying to do. Hope the Jira brain trust here can help me.
Here's what I am trying to do.
When a new issue is created (alert issuetype) one of the first steps an analyst will do after acknowledging it is to see if there an existing alert that is already being worked on.
If one exists the analyst will use the the outward relates link of "relates to parent".
I am trying to create an automation that'll then update the issue to match the status it is being linked to.
My lizard brain would think that this automation rule would work but I am getting this error.
Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):
SCRT-152 (Work in Progress - 10145)
No idea what the error message is saying. They are the same issuetype and workflow so I wouldn't think there'd be much of an issue.
If I can get this sorted out within the same rule I want to create one going the opposite direction where the analyst is in the parent alert and is adding a "relates to child" inward link to a new alert.
Hope this is simple. Appreciate the assistance.