In Jira Cloud Automation, is there a way that I can assemble a field name and then use that in a smart value?
I have a manually triggered rule where the user enters a text value called Stream and a number value called TotPoints
I know I can access the Stream value using userinputs.Stream
Now, I have a number of Custom Fields of type number with the names in the format "Category-Stream" where Stream can be any one of the following: Dev, QA, Support, IT.
So I have these custom fields:
- Category-Dev
- Category-QA
- Category-Support
- Category-IT
What I want to do is create a variable in automation so that I can access the value of the Custom field that matches userinputs.Stream entered.
For example, instead of using this:
{{#=}}{{issue.Category-Dev}}+{{userinputs.TotPoints}}{{/}}I'd like to substitute the userinputs.Stream value for the Dev, kind of like this?
{{#=}}{{issue.Category-{{userinputs.Stream}}}}+{{userinputs.TotPoints}}{{/}}Will that work? And if not, how can I do it?