I have Jira Automation setup to send a notice to Slack whenever someone changes a label on a ticket. I'd like that to send to a specific user but I cannot get that to work. I have the Slack webhook setup in a channel and can get the message to post to that channel but the override to send to either another channel or user does not work. I've tried @memberID, another variable as well as a public channel. FWIW that field also doesn't pre-populate as it does in one of the videos I've watched regarding setting up Slack/Jira messaging. Any thoughts?
Hello, Good day. I believe following article will help your requirement : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Mention-someone-directly-in-Slack-via-Jira-Automation/ba-p/1528605
Thank you for the article however I do have this setup and have run the script successfully. I can reference an @{{issue.reporter.properties.metadata.slack_id}} within the Slack message as it posts to the channel the webhook is setup in, however I cannot use the Channel or User box to send directly to a user or channel and override the webhooked channel.
Interestingly enough if I use the legacy webhook setup in Slack, I'm able to get this to work. The new method of creating a Slack app in the Slack API doesn't seem to work, unless I'm missing something in there. I've done the OAuth and scopes as shown.
Hi @Dave Beaudoin ,
Just validating your experience here. The channel/user override in the Automation for Jira configuration does require use of the Legacy Slack Webhook app. Using a webhook URL from a new custom Slack App won't work in A4J - it will lock messages to whatever channel that webhook was configured for in the app.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.